Here's the response from the Tuscaloosa Red Cross concerning the Las Vegas shootings:
- Our hearts go out to all those who are affected by this tragedy in Las Vegas.
- Following the shooting, the American Red Cross provided more than 250 additional blood products to local hospitals to help those injured. We stand ready to provide blood and blood products as needed in response to this tragedy.
- The Red Cross is grateful for all donors who generously give blood and platelets throughout the country. Last night’s tragedy illustrates that it’s the blood already on the shelves that helps during an emergency.
- We know that many people want to help. Eligible individuals can make an appointment to give blood in the coming weeks by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting www.redcrossblood.org, or calling 1-800-RED CROSS to help ensure a sufficient blood supply.
- Volunteer blood donors are needed each and every day to help save lives.
UPCOMING BLOOD DRIVES:
- Wednesday, October 4th
11 AM – 5 PM
Fayette High School Library
202 Tiger Drive, Fayette, AL
Open to the public, also will be funding their annual Red Cross Scholarship (i.e. more they collect, the more we donate)
- Monday, October 9th
12 PM – 5 PM
University Mall – Sears Wing
- Sunday, October 15th
8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
First Presbyterian Church Tuscaloosa
900 Greensboro Avenue