According to a new survey, 40% of us called in sick at least once this year when we WEREN'T really sick. That's up 5% from 2016. The most common reason was for a doctor's appointment. But is that really "faking" a sick day?
The rest of the top five REAL reasons were, "I just didn't feel like working" . . . "I wanted to relax" . . . "I wanted to sleep in" . . . and "I needed to run errands." Now here are the ten WEIRDEST excuses bosses heard this year . . .
1. An employee claimed they swallowed a toothpick at a restaurant.
2. A guy couldn't come in because he broke his arm wrestling a female bodybuilder.
3. Someone, quote, "called in fat" because their uniform didn't fit.
4. A woman's dog swallowed her keys, and she was waiting for them to come out.
5. Their phone exploded and hurt their hand.
6. There was a bear in their yard.
7. A guy claimed he left all his clothing at a laundromat.
8. They couldn't come in because they didn't have enough gas in their car.
9. A woman's fake nail fell off, and she needed an emergency manicure.
10. Someone called in sick back in August, because they were afraid to be out during the solar eclipse. (Career Builder)