Business must be booming for Triple-A. Because we're all pretty helpless at this point if our car breaks down.
A new survey found 68% of cars currently have at least one thing wrong with them. And when people were asked whether they could handle relatively simple fixes . . . like changing a tire . . . the answer for most was a resounding NOPE.
Here are six fixes, and how many of us feel "extremely confident" we could do them . . .
1. Could you add windshield washer fluid to your car? 30% aren't sure they could.
2. Could you replace your windshield wipers? 52% don't know if they could handle it.
3. Could you jump start your car if the battery died? 53% don't know if they could.
4. Could you put a spare tire on? 61% aren't sure. One in five don't even know how to use a gauge to check the tire pressure.
5. Could you replace a blown fuse? 63% aren't sure they could do it.
6. Could you change your own oil? 67% said no.
Now here's the craziest stat. Researchers showed people different photos of car parts. And 41% couldn't even identify which part was the ENGINE.
Photo: Getty Images