New drivers tend to be kind of timid and maybe even TOO careful sometimes. But give your teenager a few months, and they'll have the same terrible, annoying driving habits as the rest of us . . .
A new study found the average person starts adopting bad driving habits about 10 weeks after they get their license. So about two-and-a-half months in. Here are eight habits, and how long it takes before we start doing them . . .
1. Giving up on gripping the wheel at "10 and 2", 3 months and 15 days in. That's also right around when we start driving with one hand.
2. Not always wearing your seatbelt, 3 months and 18 days.
3. Forgetting to check your mirrors when you change lanes, 3 months and 21 days.
4. Not using turn signals, 4 months and 12 days.
5. Tailgating, 4 months and 15 days.
6. Riding in the left lane when people need to pass, 4 months and 18 days.
7. Cutting people off, 5 months and 3 days.
8. Running red lights, 5 months and 6 days.
Photo: Getty Images