Some people think TAYLOR SWIFT's lyrics are a little . . . shall we say . . . formulaic. But are they SO formulaic that a COMPUTER could write them?
A group of data scientists fed ALL of Taylor's lyrics into some sort of A.I. contraption, and then asked it to write some new lines for her. And they ended up with some lyrics that really aren't that far-fetched.
Here are a few of them, interspersed with LEGIT Taylor Swift lyrics. Can you tell the difference? (Note: If you play this as a quiz, you obviously need to do it with someone who's DOESN'T KNOW Taylor's songs.)
1. Computer: "Wednesday is a wound around the corner."
2. Taylor: "The way you move is like a full-on rainstorm." (from "Sparks Fly")
3. Computer: "I wore your tee in the morning and love at night."
4. Taylor: "'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter." (from "Love Story")
5. Taylor: "I stay out too late, got nothin' in my brain." (from "Shake It Off")
6. Computer: "It's time because you wanna be far from town. Let's roll this night."
7. Taylor: "'Cause we're young and we're reckless, we'll take this way too far." (from "Blank Space")
8. Computer: "We're starry-eyed hipsters and wannabe players."
9. Computer: "She's there always, like Jesus."
10. Taylor: "The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama." (from "Look What You Made Me Do")
11. Computer: "So know that everything falls, but it's worth it now that we're in flames."
12. Computer: "It's true she'll write whatever is fair."
In all, the computer generated FIFTY SONGS, which the data experts said were "mostly disasters." But they cobbled the best lines together into a single song called "The Last Word (Whoa Whoa-Ah-Oh)". (???)
Sadly, they didn't set it to music.
Photo: Getty Images