Guy Sets Fire to House Baking Cookies on Grill

posted by Todd Robbins - 

A guy in Niceville, Florida was recently doing some day drinking and almost burned his house down. 

Firefighters showed up around 5:30 P.M. and saw smoke coming from his house. Then he came to the door NAKED . . . told them he was sorry . . . and went back inside. It's not clear if he even knew there was a fire.

Once they got him out, he told cops that he started boozing around nine that morning and drank over a HALF-GALLON of liquor. Then he got hungry and did some cooking.

Turns out he was trying to bake cookies on his George Foreman Grill. But he forgot about them, and they caught on fire. (???)

He threw some towels on it to smother the fire, and thought it was out. But then the towels caught on fire too . . . it spread . . . and he was too drunk to realize.

He also admitted he'd been smoking pot, but it's not clear if he's facing any charges for that, or the fire.

Firefighters managed to put it out, and no one was hurt. But they say he was dangerously close to dying of smoke inhalation. 

(The Ledger)

Photo:  Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here